21 April, 2008

Fun Monday!

Edited to add: AOJ and the Lurchers will be hosting next week, so hop on over and check out the assignment!

Hello, Internet!

Today is the day! Today is my day to host Fun Monday. And I want to know what you've done! What have you checked off your Bucket List? What are the moments you look back on and smile at? And what do you hope is passing through your mind in your last precious minutes here on Earth?

Small caveat - I do not want anyone to die!! Haha...I just believe in taking stock of your life and appreciating what you have. And if you have a list of things at the front of your mind that can remind you about life's sweet spots, you'll go through your days much happier.

That being said.....here's mine....with pictures!

(In no particular order.)

1. Five years old - trying my hardest not to smile as my dad tells me not to be a grumpy bear and puffs his cheeks out. I fail miserably and giggle so hard it hurts.

2. Learning to surf with two of my favorite people ever.

Southern Doll, Holly, Lindsay (BFF!)

3. Opening my SAT scores and realizing that I was actually as smart as my brothers. (And if you go simply by SAT scores - smarter!)

4. Getting that huge envelope that told me I was accepted into UGA.

5. UGA football - all day, every day!

6. Looking out the window as the plane landed in Rome and feeling like I was in a time warp. Huge smile.

7. Meeting Nicole for the first time in Orlando and telling her that if she shared a room with me, we'd have the private bathroom. Little did we know what was in store.

8. The summer spent with the boys between their tours in Iraq.

9. Belting out "I Will Always Love You" and any random Boyz II Men song into a haribrush on the trampoline with my cousin Laura. We were The Roses.

10. Holding baby Kat only a few hours after she was born. Closest thing to having my own child that I've known.
11. Last conversation between my grandfather and I:

Granddaddy: "Coco, you are so beautiful."
SD: Huge smile, "I love you, too, Granddaddy."

12. Bringing Maggie home. Little, fuzzy and curious with a huge lampshade on her head.

13. Hanging my diploma in my first "Big Girl" office.

14. Taking on Las Vegas alone.
15. Being there the night before they left for Baghdad.

16. Every moment spent with "Team Crunc."
17. Putting on a dress before the first date.

18. High School, my dad volunteers his Frequent Flier Miles so one of my peers could go to a conference to audition. Knowing then that I had the most awesome dad ever.

19. Purse shopping with my mom, glad to have a mom that's also a best friend.


20. Every moment spent with these girls.


21. Last time seeing Noah - he told me he loved me and he believed that if you loved someone in any way - family love, friend love, romantic love - you should make sure they know.

22. Flafting.

23. Ghost Hunting for Kate Morgan.

24. 15 years old - writing a 10-year letter to myself with Alexis, Christy and Kasey.

25. 25 years old - opening the 10-year letters and laughing until we cry.

26. The Ben.

27. Yearly trips to see my Orlando Babies.
Hollywood!

Vegas!

28. Flying off the SUV and not being able to breathe - then having the grit to get back on for four hours.

29. UGA Games and Trivia Nights with my brothers.

30. Every Christmas Eve. Best family ever.
My dad just can't take a normal picture.

So there you have it. Just a short piece of my list, I'm sure I could come up with more if I went waaaaay back in the pre-digital photo albums! I'm also sure it will just continue to grow as years go by.

So, over the next few days, I'll look at everyone's list and post a favorite! Stay tuned....


26 comments:

Sayre said...

Yeah... my dad can't take normal pictures either...

Great list, filled with family and friends and adventure! And it will just get longer!

ellen b said...

Loved all the photos!! You have had some great travels and experiences. Isn't it great to always have a loving family to come back to?! Enjoy...

Heather said...

Your list made me smile, and cry. So beautiful.

Thanks for the assignment this week. I really didn't know what I was going to do, but as I started writing more and more just came. It truly made me realize how blessed I am.

Jo Beaufoix said...

What a great post, full of warmth and fun. Thanks for hosting, you did a great job. :D

Junebug said...

Great list. I have a cat named Kissa that looks just like your Maggie. :D

ChrisB said...

I can see why you chose this topic, you did a great post and I loved all the photos.

Just one thing when you host you should also put up the links to all those who told you they were joining in so that everyone knows who to visit~ hope you don't mind me saying!

storyteller said...

Wonderfully 'fun' glimpse of your 'moments' ...(making me realize that I 'should' started before this morning to create mine)...LOL

I did enjoy the hour or so of 'personal reflection' this morning and am looking forward to seeing what others share. I would like to be added to the list of participants (and left a comment on your post with instructions a few minutes ago to that effect). I've posted at Small Reflections.

Hope you have a Marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

ChrisB said...

I'm so sorry the list didn't show up in my reader for some reason. I should learn to keep my mouth shut I hope you forgive me!

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm late this week but mine is up now!

Loved your list....you and your mom are freakin' adorable together!

Karina said...

What a fantastic list. I really really wanted to participate this week, because I love your idea...but I'm just not sure I'll find the time to put mine up...I love yours!!

IamwhoIam said...

Coco, you are so beautiful and thanks for hosting this week.

Fun and happy Memories

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

What a fantastic list! It looks like you have some fantastic friends!

Beckie said...

WOW that is quite a list! You've had a lot of fun and I'm sure there is a ton more in store for you! Thanks for hosting.

the planet of janet said...

great list. awesome photos.

thanks for hosting.

(do you have a host for next week?)

Kathy said...

Hey I just found your blog via Dooce and so far I'm loving it!! I'm gonna have to get caught up now!!

Betty said...

My Fun Monday list is up. I really enjoyed reading your's. It seems you have had way more fun in your life than I have had in mine considering the two postings, lol.

Faye said...

You appear to be fortunate in friendship Southern Doll. And, I think you've lived large for such a young person. Keep going!

Alison said...

great list and thanks so much for hosting...I loved this assignment and am thoroughly enjoying reading everyone's lists.

Gattina said...

That's already a long list, lol ! I wonder how long it will be when you turn 90 !!
Thanks for hosting ! who is next ???

SwampAngel65 said...

Hi there! Who's hosting next week's Fun Monday?

Our Happy Happenings said...

I loved your list and all of your pictures. Amazing!!

Do you know who is hosting next week?

Hootin' Anni said...

Hi! What an amazing adventurous lady! And so young. You have a big set of ovaries to fall off the ATV and get back on it...riding through the desert.

Do you know who the host/hostess will be next week?

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

If we're stuck for a host for next week, I'll volunteer!

Kaytabug said...

This was fantastic! So lovely! The pictures were an added bonus. Loved it!

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

OK. I've hijacked the party and next week's Fun Monday is at my place!

http://aojthelurchers.blogspot.com/

Assignment is posted!

Sauntering Soul said...

I've tagged you at my place!