Edited to add: AOJ and the Lurchers will be hosting next week, so hop on over and check out the assignment!
Today is the day! Today is my day to host Fun Monday. And I want to know what you've done! What have you checked off your Bucket List? What are the moments you look back on and smile at? And what do you hope is passing through your mind in your last precious minutes here on Earth?
Small caveat - I do not want anyone to die!! Haha...I just believe in taking stock of your life and appreciating what you have. And if you have a list of things at the front of your mind that can remind you about life's sweet spots, you'll go through your days much happier.
That being said.....here's mine....with pictures!
(In no particular order.)
1. Five years old - trying my hardest not to smile as my dad tells me not to be a grumpy bear and puffs his cheeks out. I fail miserably and giggle so hard it hurts.
2. Learning to surf with two of my favorite people ever.
4. Getting that huge envelope that told me I was accepted into UGA.
5. UGA football - all day, every day!
6. Looking out the window as the plane landed in Rome and feeling like I was in a time warp. Huge smile.
7. Meeting Nicole for the first time in Orlando and telling her that if she shared a room with me, we'd have the private bathroom. Little did we know what was in store.
8. The summer spent with the boys between their tours in Iraq.
9. Belting out "I Will Always Love You" and any random Boyz II Men song into a haribrush on the trampoline with my cousin Laura. We were The Roses.
10. Holding baby Kat only a few hours after she was born. Closest thing to having my own child that I've known.
11. Last conversation between my grandfather and I:
Granddaddy: "Coco, you are so beautiful."
SD: Huge smile, "I love you, too, Granddaddy."
12. Bringing Maggie home. Little, fuzzy and curious with a huge lampshade on her head.
13. Hanging my diploma in my first "Big Girl" office.
14. Taking on Las Vegas alone.
15. Being there the night before they left for Baghdad.
17. Putting on a dress before the first date.
18. High School, my dad volunteers his Frequent Flier Miles so one of my peers could go to a conference to audition. Knowing then that I had the most awesome dad ever.
19. Purse shopping with my mom, glad to have a mom that's also a best friend.
20. Every moment spent with these girls.
21. Last time seeing Noah - he told me he loved me and he believed that if you loved someone in any way - family love, friend love, romantic love - you should make sure they know.
23. Ghost Hunting for Kate Morgan.
24. 15 years old - writing a 10-year letter to myself with Alexis, Christy and Kasey.
25. 25 years old - opening the 10-year letters and laughing until we cry.
26. The Ben.
27. Yearly trips to see my Orlando Babies.
28. Flying off the SUV and not being able to breathe - then having the grit to get back on for four hours.
29. UGA Games and Trivia Nights with my brothers.
30. Every Christmas Eve. Best family ever.
So, over the next few days, I'll look at everyone's list and post a favorite! Stay tuned....