15 March, 2008

I'm OK too.

Hello everyone! Internet friends are so nice. Thanks for asking about us Georgia gals and our storms! Yes, the greater Atlanta area is getting smashed by storms at the moment, but I'm ok. I live in Kennesaw, which has not seen much more than a little rain. However, we did have scary tornado warnings go off. It was the kind that had a long alarm then a guy came on and said something, but I couldn't understand him.

As I am sitting here watching Glen Burns and the Severe Weather Team, there is a big circulating ball right over Canton and Holly Springs, indicating that a tornado is imminent. Ya'll, it is right over my parents house and my office!! But they are fine, I just talked to them....my mom and taking the kitties and the dog to the basement, then she's going back up for her jewelry.

The roomie and I are laughing because our local meteorologists are freaking out. Now, they are doing a fabulous job and are staying on top of things, but ya'll. We don't get weather in Georgia too much. So it's just a little funny to watch them get all worked up. Like this is their moment! They are volleying back and forth between Glen and Brad, and we have made up this whole fight they are having for air time. "It's my turn, bitch, quit hogging the air time!"

On a serious note, they did just announce a few fatalities from this storm. It is so crazy to me that as I was sitting here watching the news coverage and contemplating getting some Chick-Fil-A, areas were getting hit so hard that people lost their lives. My brain can't wrap around that, so say a few extra prayers for those families, please.

7 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

Glad you're okay! I'm watching Glen and Brad too. They are kind of funny. Glen starts talking and Brad says "let me cut in here for a second, I've got some updated information" and he jumps in front of the camera and doesn't stop talking for 15 minutes straight. Oops, now Glen is jumping back in. He loves talking about all their fancy equipment like we know what the heck he's talking about.

Sauntering Soul said...

P.S. I'm need to go Google and find out what a Barron Tornado Index Volume monitor is.

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm sorry, I can't stop commenting on them. If I was a drinker and there was someone here with me right now, I'd make up a drinking game. We'd have to take a drink every single time Brad says "reflectivity" and every single time Glen says "volume monitor scan" or "BTI". I'd be drunk in 3 minutes flat.

Sauntering Soul said...

Y'all can make up whatever rules you want to.

Brad IS saying textbook a lot. And if he says descending reflectivity core one more time I'm going to stab a pencil in my ear.

I wonder how many people are sitting in their basements in Cumming, GA with a bicycle helmet on their heads right now?

Sauntering Soul said...

I promise I'll stop soon.

Per Glen's instructions, I'm going to go search my house for a garbage can that I'd actually consider putting on my head.

Fianna said...

Ha! Ya'll crack me up. I am glad to hear you are outside of the "storm zone", but I hope it all passes soon so everyone over 'der is safe!

Jennie! said...

Yikes, tornadoes are scary (understatement alert). I'm glad you're OK!